The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship programme provides scholarships for masters’ degrees in the sustainable energy sector at specialised universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo) for the benefit of eligible students from ECOWAS member states involved in the energy sector.
The European Union (EU) and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) have launched a new scholarships programme to support young people from West Africa in pursuing studies and training related to sustainable energy.
The EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme on Sustainable Energy aims to contribute to the development of a new generation of well-qualified sustainable energy experts in West Africa. It will provide opportunities for 100 talented young West Africans to study or train in sustainable energy in Europe.
The scholarships will cover travel, tuition and living expenses for the duration of the studies or training. The programme is open to young people aged 18-35 from all 15 ECOWAS member states.
Applications for the first intake of scholarships will open in early 2020. For more information, please visit the programme website:
The programme aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals (English, French and Portuguese speaking) in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists at the highest level in the field of sustainable energy and to promote good governance of the sector in the region.
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2022 at 18.00 WAT.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Value of Award: The two types of scholarships available on the programme are:
Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located outside their country of residence. The scholarship will provide funding for tuition, subsistence, travel, research grant, insurance and visa.
Also Apply: £2,000 Undergraduate Scholarships At University Of Edinburgh, UK
Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located in their country of residence. The scholarship will take care of scholars’ tuition and research grant. A small stipend to contribute towards travel and subsistence will also be provided.
Scholarships will be awarded on a limited number of best qualifying people, to meet budget restrictions. Applicants are encouraged to consider factors such as language, proximity, family, and opportunities for internship in your decision making when selecting your most preferred scholarship category.
Number of Award: Not Mentioned
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must;
- Be nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division)
- Have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage
- Hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval
- Scholarship is open to working and non-working candidates. Working candidates are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme
- Commitment to start internships within the course of study.
Also Apply: Republic Polytechnic Education International Scholarship at Monash University – Australia 2020
How to Apply: Apply Here
Visit The Official Website For More Information
- AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS,
- EU-ECOWAS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME,
- MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS,