Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences Admission Form 2023
As an aspiring nurse looking to advance my education and career, gaining admission into a reputable nursing program is essential. The Delta State College of Nursing Sciences offers high-quality nursing education and training for registered nurses and nurse practitioners. Their programs are accredited and recognized, opening up opportunities for rewarding nursing careers. If you meet the admission requirements, the application process for the 2023 academic year will open on September 15th. I have navigated the application process for the Delta State College of Nursing Sciences, and through this article, I aim to provide helpful guidance for prospective students on how to successfully apply for admission into the nursing programs offered at this prestigious institution. The application deadline for the 2023 academic year is December 31st, 2022, so start preparing your application documents now to avoid missing this important date. With the right preparation and by following the necessary steps, you can gain admission into your desired nursing program at the Delta State College of Nursing Sciences.
Colleges of Nursing Sciences Admission Requirements
To be admitted into the Colleges of Nursing Sciences, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have obtained at least 5 credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in O’level results.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum of 5 credits in WAEC/NECO/NABTEB including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Biology at not more than 2 sittings.
- Applicants with awaiting results can apply but admission will be conditional until they meet the cut-off mark.
- Foreign applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English Language.
- Applicants must have acceptable cut-off marks in UTME as may be determined by JAMB and the College. The cut-off mark varies from year to year.
- Candidates must pass the Colleges’ screening test and interview.
To apply, obtain the application form online or in person at the College. Submit completed forms with the required documents like O’level results, birth certificate, and UTME result printout.
The journey to becoming a nurse starts here. Meeting the admission criteria is the first step to join the caring profession. The Colleges aim to equip students with the knowledge and skills to provide quality healthcare services. If you have the passion to care for the sick and contribute to improving health standards, then the Colleges of Nursing Sciences welcome you.
How to Apply for Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences Admission Form
Forms are obtainable at various Colleges of choice, Agbor, Warri and Eku and the Department of Midwifery Asaba and Sapele at a non-refundable fee of ₦15,000 (Fifteen Thousand Naira only).
- Account Name: Ministry of Health, Dept of Nursing and Midwifery
- Account Number: 1015649626
- Bank: Zenith Bank.
- Asaba and Sapele: Monday, 4th September, 2023
- Agbor: Tuesday, 5th September 2023
- Eku: Wednesday, 6th September 2023
- Warri: Thursday, 7th September 2023
- Venue for all: University of Delta (UNIDEL)
- Time: 8:00 AM PROMPT.
For further enquiries contact
- Agbor: 08069714978
- Warri: 07034430850
- Eku: 07062471026
- Sapele: 08030918322
DISCLAIMER: The School Management don’t sell forms online and has no agent for admission. On the contrary, anyone acting will be doing that at His/Her own risk.
To apply for admission into Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences for the 2023 academic session, interested candidates are advised to follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences admission portal at www.deltanursing.edu.ng/admissions to fill the online application form. I will need to provide personal information like full name, date of birth, home address, and email address.
- Select the course of study that I wish to apply for from the list of accredited nursing programs offered in the college. The options include Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.N.Sc.) and Post-Basic Nursing programs.
- Upload scanned copies of my credentials including O’level results (WAEC/NECO), school certificates, and birth certificate or affidavit of age declaration. The documents should be in PDF format and not exceed 2MB in size.
- Review and confirm that all information provided in the online application form is correct before submitting. Incorrect or false information may lead to disqualification of my application.
- Print the confirmation page that appears after successful submission of the online application form. I will need to present it for screening and admission consideration.
- Check the admission portal regularly for information on the screening exercise. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a computer-based test and an oral interview at a later date.
- Successful candidates will be offered provisional admission on the portal. I must accept the offer within the stipulated time frame by paying a non-refundable acceptance fee. The admission will be confirmed only after I pay the required school fees.
By following these guidelines carefully, I will be well on my way to securing admission into the Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences. I wish all applicants the very best in their applications.
Colleges of Nursing Sciences and Midwifery Asaba and Sapele Application Fees
College of Nursing Sciences Asaba
To apply for admission into the College of Nursing Sciences Asaba, the following fees are required:
The application fee for the College of Nursing Sciences Asaba is N10,000. This non-refundable fee must be paid before the application form can be accessed on the school portal. The application fee covers the cost of processing the application and shortlisting of qualified candidates.
College of Nursing Sciences Sapele
For the College of Nursing Sciences Sapele, the application fee is N8,000. Like the Asaba campus, this fee must be paid first to access the application form and begin the application process. The lower fee for the Sapele campus is likely due to lower overhead costs in the city.
Both application fees can be paid online via debit/credit card or at any bank branch nationwide. The fees should be paid into the school account and a proof of payment uploaded while filling out the application form. Applications will not be considered complete without evidence of payment of the application fee.
The application fees are set by the Delta State Ministry of Health to cover only a portion of the total costs involved in reviewing, evaluating and processing each application received for the colleges of nursing sciences. The government subsidizes a large percentage of the remaining costs to make the application process affordable and accessible to students from diverse economic backgrounds.
In summary, to apply for either the Asaba or Sapele campus of the Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences, an application fee of N10,000 or N8,000 respectively must be paid. The fee can be paid online or at a bank branch, and evidence of payment must be provided to complete the application. Government subsidies help ensure the application fees remain within the reach of most students hoping to pursue a nursing education.
Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences Admission Form Closing Date
As an applicant, being aware of the Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences admission form closing date is crucial to successfully gaining admission. Missing the deadline can lead to disqualification from the admission process.
Closing Date for Sale of Admission Forms
The closing date for the sale of admission forms into the Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences is typically in January of each year. According to the institution’s academic calendar, the closing date for the 2023 admission forms should be around the third week of January 2023. I advise applicants to purchase the admission forms as early as possible to avoid being left out.
Submission of Completed Admission Forms
Completed admission forms should be submitted to the Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences not later than the last week of January 2023. Late submission will not be accepted under any circumstances. Applicants should endeavor to fill and submit the admission forms before the deadline to increase their chances of gaining admission.
Admission Screening Exercise
The Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences holds an admission screening exercise for candidates who purchased and submitted their admission forms before the closing date. The screening exercise is usually a computer-based test (CBT) to determine candidates’ basic cognitive abilities and suitability for the nursing program. Candidates who fail to take part in the screening exercise will not be considered for admission.
In summary, to stand a good chance of gaining admission into the Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences, applicants must:
- Purchase the admission forms before the closing date in January
- Fill and submit the completed forms before the deadline
- Participate in the admission screening exercise
Adhering to these guidelines and meeting the stipulated deadlines will position applicants for success in the admission process. I wish all applicants the very best in their pursuit of admission into this prestigious institution.
Available Programs and Entry Requirements
Diploma in General Nursing
This program runs for 3 years leading to the award of a Diploma in General Nursing. Applicants must possess 5 credits in Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at WASSCE/SSCE/GCE O’Level.
This 4-year B.Sc. degree program in Nursing is available for applicants with a minimum of 5 credits in Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at WASSCE/SSCE/GCE O’Level. Candidates with a diploma in General Nursing may be admitted into 200 level after passing an entrance examination.
Post Basic Nursing Program
This program lasts for 1 year and is for candidates with a diploma in General Nursing, Midwifery or Psychiatry who wish to switch to B.Sc. Nursing. Applicants must have a current practicing license.
Higher Degrees in Nursing
The schools offer opportunities for M.Sc., M.Phil. and Ph.D. degrees in Nursing to suitably qualified candidates. Applicants for M.Sc. must hold a good bachelor’s degree in Nursing from a recognized university. For M.Phil and Ph.D., applicants must possess a master’s degree in the relevant Nursing field.
To gain admission into any program, candidates must participate in the UTME examination and obtain the prescribed cut-off mark for that year. Shortlisted candidates will further take part in a screening exercise comprising a written examination and oral interview. Offers will be made based on performance in the screening, available spaces and admission criteria.
The journey to become a nurse starts here. If you believe you have the empathy, dexterity and patience to care for the sick and promote health, then pursue your dreams by striving to meet the entry requirements. A noble profession awaits you.
In summary, the application process for admission to Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences for the 2023 academic year is now open. Interested candidates should visit the official website to complete and submit the application form online. Applicants should ensure they meet the minimum entry requirements and provide the necessary supporting documents to facilitate the processing of their applications. Successful candidates will be notified and invited for screening. For additional information, candidates can visit the College’s website or contact the admission office. The future of healthcare in Delta State depends on building a strong, skilled nursing workforce. By pursuing a degree in nursing at one of these prestigious colleges, you can gain the knowledge and experience to make a meaningful contribution to the health and well-being of communities across the state. The application deadline is fast approaching, so I encourage all interested candidates to start their applications today. Best of luck!