Female Computer Science Students to Receive Helmut Veith Stipend in 2023–2024
Keep geoing to school in Austria. Wonderful news! The 2023–2024 Helmut Veith Stipend is open to female computer science students. In-depth discussion of the Helmut Veith Stipend, its advantages, and the application procedure will be provided in this essay.
A fully funded international scholarship, the Helmut Veith Stipend for Females in Computer Science is available in 2023–2024. The Master’s degree program is eligible for this funding. The scholarship covers all tuition costs at TU Wien and offers EUR 6000 each year for up to two years.
renowned computer scientist with experience in software engineering, logic in computer science, computer security, and computer-aided verification. Sadly, Helmut Veith passed away in March 2016. He was a vocal supporter and role model for women in computer science.
Financing recipients are required to maintain a high level of academic performance and to reside in Austria throughout their study. The Wolfgang Pauli Institute, TU Wien, and donations from Helmut Veith’s family and friends helped create the Helmut Veith Stipend.
SUMMARY OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Graduate level of study
- Institution(s) hosting: TU Wien
- nation: Austria
- Opportunity Areas to Focus On: See List
- Program Continuities: 2 years
- November 30, 2022 deadline (annual)
- Logic and computation master’s
- Business Informatics Master’s
- Computer engineering master’s (Technische Informatik)
- Science of Data Master’s
- Master in Human-Centered Computing and Medical
The following advantages are available to Helmut Veith Stipend for Female Computer Science recipients:
- At TU Wien, all tuition payments are waived.
- For periods of up to two years, EUR 6000 is paid yearly.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR HELMUT VEITH STIPEND
The following requirements must be satisfied in order for candidates to be considered for the Helmut Veith Stipend:
- The necessary language is English.
- Every nation on earth is qualified.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or computer science (first cycle in Bologna) or a related field
- Funding will only be given consideration for candidates who have received unconditional admission to the master’s program.
- Candidates must be eligible for admission to one of the TU Wien’s English-taught master’s programs in computer science.
- understanding of and enthusiasm for (at least) one of Helmut Veith’s research specialties:
- Verification and formal methods.
- Computer science logic
- Artificial intelligence’s underlying principles.
- Information security.
- Theory of Complexity.
HOW DO I APPLY TO BE A RECIPIENT OF THE 2022 HELMUT VEITH STIPEND?
To apply for the Helmut Veith Stipend for Female Computer Science Students, please follow the instructions below;
- Academic resume (CV)
- Cover letter detailing the type of assistance the student is seeking and all other information necessary for the application.
- Motivation letter outlining the student’s goals for the program in Logic and Computation, the need for funding, and the academic groups they would like to collaborate with for their master’s thesis.
- degrees and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher).
- news of university examinations (transcripts). The degree-granting university must sign and stamp a preliminary certificate stating the type of degree and the anticipated graduation date if the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline.
- news of university examinations (transcripts)
- examination results summaries (transcripts)
- Numerals for two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- a certified translation of your passport in English (TOEFL or similar)
Documents that are not in German or English must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your application must be sent to ta.sc-cigol@retsam electronically in one PDF document with the heading “Application.” The name of the PDF file must be “document.pdf.”