Stanford is now accepting applications from individuals with advanced degrees and/or substantial work experience in eligible fields for its 2023-2024 Biodesign Innovation Fellowship. The deadline for the submission of applications for the Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship is September 22, 2024.
The Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship aims to train the next generation of health policy professionals who will be able to use revolutionary new technologies to improve patient outcomes while democratizing access to treatment.
Technological advancements have the potential to greatly improve patient health and healthcare delivery while also expanding access and lowering costs. Policymakers’ actions and judgments will influence how – and how quickly – this promise is realized. However, in order to accelerate the health sector’s technological transformation, future policymakers will need to better understand the role of key public policy influencers, the motivations that drive their behaviour, and the most effective techniques for gaining their legislative and regulatory support, such as new funding, faster coverage, and reasonable levels of reimbursement.
The Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship’s objective is to educate aspiring policy leaders on the process of health technology innovation in order to better prepare them for this task. Simultaneously, their Innovation Policy Fellows will conduct fundamental research on the impact of policy on health technology development and uptake in order to inform legislative and regulatory processes in the United States and throughout the world. Their mission is to educate and improve policymakers’ careers so that they may contribute to balanced, data-driven decisions that help realise the full potential of technological innovation in the health sector.
Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship Eligibility
- Candidates of any citizenship are welcome to apply. However, selected applicants must be authorized to work for any employer upon notification of acceptance to the fellowship.
- They are seeking applicants with diverse backgrounds from health systems, quality and regulatory environments, health technology start-ups or corporations, or government. An advanced degree (MS, MPH, JD, MD, RN, or PhD) and 3-5 years of relevant work experience (or post-graduate study) is preferred.
- They look for individuals with a strong desire to pursue careers in health policy and a demonstrated interest in health technology innovation. Previous research and publishing experience are recommended but not required.
- They are seeking candidates with exceptional leadership ability, initiative, and strong written and verbal communication skills who are inquisitive, enterprising, and persuasive.
Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship Benefits
- Compensation for the 2023-25 Innovation Policy Fellowship will be approximately $5,464 per month, plus a one-time $1,000 computer stipend. This amount is enough to cover basic room and board during the fellowship period.
How to Apply for Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship
Innovation Policy Fellows are selected via a competitive application and interview process. Recruiting for the 2023-25 program will begin in June 2022, with applications due Thursday, September 22, 2022. Interviews will be held Thursday, October 27, 2022 from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm Pacific, with a virtual evening welcome event on Wednesday, October 26, 2022 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm Pacific. If you intend to submit an application, please hold these dates/times on your calendar. For more information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page and Application Instructions.
APPLY HERE OFFICIAL LINK
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.