WAEC Biology Specimen 2022: This page contains a list of Biology Specimen and materials that will be used for the May/June 2022 Biology Practical Examination. All you need to do is to stay focus and follow me.
waec specimen 2022/2023, biology practical specimen 2022, 2023 waec biology practical specimen, 2022 waec specimens, 2022 waec practical specimen, biology specimen for waec gce 2022, 2022 waec physics specimens, 20192022 waec specimen
The West African Examinations Council is an examination board that conducts the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, for University and Jamb entry examination in West African countries.
TRENDING: 2022 NECO RUNZ/ EXPO | 2022 NECO QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS | 2022/2022 NECO RUNS
2022 WAEC BIOLOGY PRACTICAL SPECIMEN
OFFICIAL WAEC 2022 BIOLOGY PRACTICAL SPECIMEN
Instructions to Schools:
WAEC BIOLOGY PRACTICAL SPECIMENS AND INSTRUCTIONS TO SCHOOLS
(a) Each candidate should be provided with the following groups of specimens
Group I (For all candidates)
- Specimen A – Cervical vertebra of a mammal
- Specimen B – Thoracic vertebra of a mammal
- Specimen C – Lumbar vertebra of a mammal
For specimens D, E, F, and G, you are requested to get four 250 ml beakers and label them D, E, F, and G.
– Put dry garden soil into each beaker, up to 100 ml level.
– Add 10 ml of water to the soil in each of beakers D, E, and F
– Oven dry the garden soil in beaker G and leave dry throughout the period of the experiment.
– For specimen D, put five viable bean seeds into the soil in the beaker labeled D.
– For specimen E, soak five viable bean seeds in water for 2-3 hours, then remove the testa of the soaked bean seeds. Split open the cotyledons and remove the embryo of each bean seed. Place the split cotyledons into the soil in the beaker labeled E.
– For specimen F, place five viable bean seeds into the soil in the beaker labeled F and add some quantity of kerosene enough to cover the surface of the soil in the beaker.
– For specimen G, add five dry and viable bean seeds into the soil in the beaker labeled G.
– Place all the beakers in a place with adequate sunlight for seven days.
– Moisten the soils in each of the beakers labeled D and E with 5 ml of water daily for seven days before the date of the examination.
Group II (For candidates in Ghana only)
- Specimen H – Cactus plant (freshly obtained)
- Specimen J – Onion plant (with leaves)
- Specimen K – Green grass (freshly obtained)
Group III (For candidates in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, and Liberia only)
- Specimen L – Adult mosquito (freshly obtained)
- Specimen M – Butterfly (freshly obtained)
- Specimen N – Sugar ant (freshly obtained)
(i) All specimens can be provided as group specimens for five (5) to ten (10) candidates
(ii) All specimens in each group must carry individual labels (e.g. A, B, C, D, E, F, and G in Group I).
(b) It is essential that each candidate should be provided with the following materials:
(i) glass jar cover or Petri dish;
(ii) four white tiles labelled D, E, F and G;
(iii) spatula (four);
(iv) a hand lens/magnifying lens;
(v) scalpel/razor blade/knife;
(vi) a pair of forceps.
- Report Forms are provided separately on which you are required to:
(a) supply the necessary information about the specimens;
(b) report on any difficulty in the conduct of the examination;
(c) report any particular difficulty experienced by any candidate during the conduct of the examination, especially if the examiner would be unable to discover this from the scripts;
(d) carry out and record experimental observations as directed in the Report Form.
5. You must enclose a completed Report Form in each envelope of the script.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about WAEC Biology Specimen 2022, kindly provide us your phone number and email address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this guide.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate to use our share button below to inform – friends and relations via Facebook, Twitter.