DeepMind Scholarships 2022 at Stellenbosch University – South Africa
Stellenbosch University, South Africa is offering Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to students with a strong mathematical and computational background. This scholarship opportunity will equip you with the fundamentals of ML and AI, plus a suite of sophisticated techniques and concepts at the research forefront of these fields.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2022
- 2023 Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in South Africa
- FCR Clinical Pathway Care International Scholarships 2022 at University of New South Wales – Australia
- Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme for South African Students | Fully Funded to Ireland
- Merck Foundation Africa Research Summit – MARS
- Eni Scholarships 2022 to Study at St Antony’s College, University of Oxford
- 2022 Application-Required Entrance International Scholarships at University of Winnipeg, Canada
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
Type: Masters, PhD (research-based)
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The scholarships cover university fees, health insurance, accommodation, living expenses, and opportunities for international conference attendance. Recipients will also benefit from mentorship by DeepMind researchers.
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must;
- be African. Preference will be given to applicants from groups across the continent that are underrepresented in the global machine learning landscape.
- have existing and demonstrable proficiency in Python or an equivalent programming language, and be comfortable with numerical linear algebra, vector calculus, basic probability theory and statistics.
- have one of the following qualifications by the time of enrolment:
- an honours degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Mathematical Statistics;
- a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- an NQF level 8 qualification deemed equivalent to the above, in a field closely linked to ML and AI.
Application Process: Click Here to Apply
Table of Contents