How to Check Your JAMB Results Online and Offline in 2024
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has conducted the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for 2024, and millions of candidates are eager to know their scores. If you are one of them, you will be glad to know that there are two easy ways to check your results: online and offline. In this blog post, I will explain how to use both methods, as well as provide some useful tips and frequently asked questions about the process.
What is JAMB and UTME?
JAMB is the acronym for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, a Nigerian government agency that is responsible for the conduct of entrance examinations for admission into tertiary institutions in the country. UTME is the acronym for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, which is the annual computer-based test that JAMB administers to candidates who wish to gain admission into universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, and other higher education institutions in Nigeria.
The UTME is usually held in March or April every year, and it covers four subjects that are relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study. The subjects are English Language (compulsory), Mathematics, and two other subjects from the JAMB syllabus. The UTME is scored out of 400 marks, with each subject carrying 100 marks. The minimum cut-off mark for admission varies depending on the course and institution, but it is usually between 160 and 200 marks.
How to Check Your JAMB Results Online
The online method of checking your JAMB results is the most convenient and fastest way to access your scores. You can use any device that has an internet connection, such as a computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. You do not need to pay any fee or buy any scratch card to check your results online. All you need is your JAMB registration number or email address that you used during your UTME registration.
To check your JAMB results online, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the JAMB result checking portal at efacility.jamb.gov.ng/CheckUTMEResults.
- Enter your JAMB Registration Number/Email Address in the required column.
- Click on ‘Check My Results’.
- The portal will load your result if it’s ready.
Your result will show your name, registration number, subject combination, and scores for each subject. You will also see your total score and your performance in relation to the minimum cut-off mark for your chosen course and institution.
If your result is not ready, you will see a message that says “You Do Not Have Any Result Yet”. This means that JAMB is still processing your result, and you should check back later. Usually, JAMB releases the results in batches, and it may take up to two weeks for all the results to be out.
If you see a message that says “Invalid Email Address or Password”, it means that you entered the wrong details. Make sure you enter the same email address or registration number that you used during your UTME registration. If you forgot your email address or password, you can use the “Forgot Password” option on the e-facility portal to reset it.
If you see a message that says “Result Withheld”, it means that your result is under investigation for possible malpractice or irregularity. You will have to wait for JAMB to release an official statement on the outcome of the investigation, and the next steps to take.
How to Check Your JAMB Results Offline
The offline method of checking your JAMB results is another option that you can use if you do not have access to the internet or you prefer to use your mobile phone. You can check your results offline by sending an SMS to a short code provided by JAMB. You do not need to have a smartphone or download any app to use this method. However, you will need to have a minimum credit balance of N50 on your phone, and you will be charged N50 per SMS by your network provider.
To check your JAMB results offline, follow these simple steps:
- Send “UTME RESULT” or “UTMERESULT” via SMS to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number that you registered with.
- You will receive an SMS response shortly after.
The SMS response will contain your result details, such as your name, registration number, subject combination, and scores for each subject. You will also see your total score and your performance in relation to the cut-off mark.
If you use an unregistered phone number, you will receive a message that says “This phone number was not used for registration”.
If your result is not ready, you will receive a message that says “Result is not yet ready. Please check back later”.
If your result is withheld, you will receive a message that says “Result Withheld”.
If you are given the benefit of the doubt, you will receive a message that says “Result withheld pending the upload of clarifications/document required from you”.
How to Print Your JAMB Result Slip
After checking your result online or offline, you may want to print a copy of your result slip for future reference. The result slip is a document that contains your personal details, your UTME scores, and your passport photograph. You may need it for your admission screening or verification at your chosen institution.
To print your JAMB result slip, you have two options: online or offline.
To print your result slip online, follow these steps:
- Go to the JAMB e-facility portal at www.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility.
- Login with your email and password.
- On the dashboard, click on “Print Result Slip”.
- Select your examination year and enter your registration number.
- Click on “Print Result Slip” again.
- You will be redirected to a payment page, where you will pay a fee of N1,000 using your debit card or other online payment methods.
- After payment, you will be able to download and print your result slip in PDF format.
To print your result slip offline, follow these steps:
- Visit any accredited JAMB CBT centre or cyber cafe near you.
- Provide your registration number and examination year.
- Pay a fee of N1,000 to the centre or cafe operator.
- The operator will print your result slip for you.
In summary, you can check your JAMB results online or offline in 2024 using your registration number or email address. The online method is faster and free of charge, while the offline method is slower and costs N50 per SMS. You can also print your result slip online or offline for a fee of N1,000. You should check your results as soon as possible, and prepare for the next stage of your admission process.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Here are some of the common questions and answers about the JAMB results checker online and offline:
- Q: How long does it take for JAMB to release the results?
- A: JAMB usually releases the results in batches, and it may take up to two weeks for all the results to be out. You should check the portal or send an SMS regularly to see if your result is ready.
- Q: How can I upgrade my result or change my course or institution?
- A: You cannot upgrade your result or change your course or institution after the UTME. Any website or person that claims to offer such services is a scammer, and you should avoid them. JAMB does not have any agent or representative that can help you with such matters.
- Q: How can I resolve any issue or complaint about my result?
- A: If you have any issue or complaint about your result, you can contact JAMB through their official channels, such as their website, email, phone numbers, or social media handles. You can also visit their nearest office or liaison office in your state. Do not deal with any unauthorized person or website that claims to help you with your result issues.
- Q: How can I prepare for the next UTME or improve my performance?
- A: To prepare for the next UTME or improve your performance, you should study hard, practice with past questions and mock tests, and follow the syllabus and instructions. You should also avoid any form of malpractice or irregularity, as they may lead to your result being withheld or cancelled. You should also choose a course and institution that matches your interest and ability.