How to Apply for Shell and NNPC’s Scholarship Awards
You are about to apply for Shell and NNPC’s 2023 undergraduate scholarship awards. The scholarship is open to Nigerian students who are in their penultimate year in a Nigerian tertiary institution.
The application process is simple, and you can apply online. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about the scholarship, including the eligibility criteria and the benefits of winning. good luck!
What Is the Shell Undergraduate Scholarship?
Shell and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) are pleased to announce the Shell Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Awards 2023.
This program offers scholarships to qualified Nigerian students who are currently in their second year of undergraduate studies in any Nigerian university. The scholarship program is open to all students studying engineering, science, and business-related courses.
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
You are eligible to apply for the Shell and NNPC Scholarship Awards if you are a
- Nigerian citizen
- Registered full-time undergraduate student in any Nigerian university
- 100 level or above
- Studying any course of study except medicine, law and petroleum engineering
How to Apply for the NNPC and Shell Undergraduate Scholarship
The Shell and NNPC Scholarship Awards for undergraduates is a great opportunity for students who are looking to study in a Nigerian university. If you are interested in applying, here’s what you need to know:
The application process is online, and you can access it on the Scholarship website. You will be required to create an account before you can start the application.
You will need to provide some information about yourself, including your name, date of birth, telephone number and email address. You will also need to upload a recent passport-size photograph.
The application requires you to write an essay of not more than 500 words on the following topic: “What qualities or attributes do you possess that make you a good candidate for this scholarship award?”
Make sure you read the instructions carefully before you start filling out the form. And good luck!
How to Apply for Shell Undergraduate Scholarship
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- All applicants should have their personal valid email account (for consistent communication)
- Applicants for Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, which must be duly stamped and signed by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development (CDC) or
- The Chairman of the Executive Council (CEC) or
- The letters should be addressed to: “The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, Port Harcourt, Rivers State”.
- Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/ ‘Agents’ to assist applicants process applications
- Applications open on the 3rd of January 2023 and close on the 3rd of February 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted
- Applications must be processed ONLY through the Shell Nigeria website
Required Documents for the Scholarship Application
Are you ready to apply for the 2023 NNPC/Shell Undergraduate Scholarship Awards? Great! To get started, you’ll need to have the following documents handy before you fill out the online application:
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript
- A copy of your Birth Certificate
- A current passport photograph
- A copy of your secondary school credentials (WAEC/NECO)
- Names and contact information for two referees
- An essay on why you should be awarded the scholarship (maximum of 500 words)
After you’ve gathered all these documents, the next step will be to submit them along with your application. Make sure that all documents are valid and up to date, as incomplete or invalid applications will not be accepted. Remember to keep a copy of all documents for your own records too.
Deadline for Submitting Shell and NNPC Undergraduate Scholarship Applications
Sending in your application for the Shell and NNPC Undergraduate Scholarship Awards doesn’t have to be stressful. Just remember to follow the important steps and make sure to submit your application before the deadline.
The deadline for submission of applications is April 30th, 2023. Applications received after this date will not be considered for selection. Once you’ve submitted your application, sit back and relax – you’ve just taken a massive step towards realizing your academic dreams!
You’ll want to make sure to give yourself plenty of time to prepare a winning application since this scholarship has some pretty strict requirements and you’ll need to make sure all your documents are in order and you meet all the criteria. So don’t procrastinate and get started on your application right away!
FAQs on Shell and NNPC’s 2023 Undergraduate Scholarship Awards
Have questions about what applying for the Shell and NNPC’s 2023 Undergraduate Scholarship Awards entails? Here are some of the top frequently asked questions about this opportunity:
- Do I need to be a Nigerian citizen in order to apply? Yes, you must hold a valid Nigerian passport in order to apply.
- Is this scholarship open to all universities? Yes, both indigenous and international undergraduates studying in Nigerian universities are eligible to apply.
- What criteria do I need to meet in order to be considered? To qualify as an applicant, you must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or higher and demonstrate financial need.
- Is there an age limit for applicants? Yes, you must be between the ages of 18 and 40 years old on the day of application.
- When is the deadline for applications? The application deadline is June 30th, 2023.
Applying for the Shell and NNPC’s 2023 undergraduate scholarship awards is a great opportunity to receive financial assistance for your college education. The deadline for submissions is fast approaching, so make sure to get your application in as soon as possible. Good luck!
Originally posted 2023-01-12 11:33:29.