NOUN Essay Competition on Open & Distance Learning (ODL)
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is pleased to announce the commencement of the NOUN Scholarship Essay Competition on Open & Distance Learning (ODL). The aim of the competition is to provide a platform for students, researchers, and academicians to share their thoughts and experiences on ODL.
The competition is open to all students, researchers, and academicians who are interested in ODL. Participants are required to submit an essay on one of the following topics:
- The Role of Open & Distance Learning in Tertiary Education
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Open & Distance Learning
- The Challenges of Open & Distance Learning
- The Future of Open & Distance Learning
Enter the competition now for a chance to win a scholarship worth N100,000!
Introduction to the NOUN Scholarship
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is pleased to announce the commencement of the NOUN Scholarship Essay Competition on Open & Distance Learning (ODL). This competition is open to all students who are currently enrolled in NOUN, and it offers the chance to win a scholarship worth 100,000 Nigerian nairas.
To enter, applicants must write a 500-word essay on the topic “How ODL has helped me achieve my academic goals.” The essay must be well written, well researched, and demonstrate a clear understanding of the topic.
If you are interested in entering this competition, please visit the NOUN website for more information. The deadline for submissions is October 31, 2017.
Topic Details & Requirements for the Essay Competition
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is pleased to announce the commencement of the Essay Competition on Open & Distance Learning (ODL). This competition is open to all students registered with NOUN, irrespective of location and mode of study.
The topic for the Essay Competition is: “The Role of Open & Distance Learning (ODL) in National Development.” The essay must be between 8,000 and 10,000 words in length.
Interested participants are required to submit an electronic copy of their essays to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 31st January 2023
. Participants must also ensure that a hard copy of their essays is submitted to the nearest NOUN Study Center on or before Friday, 31st January 2023
Benefits of Participating in the NOUN Scholarship
There are many benefits of participating in the NOUN Scholarship. Here are some of them:
- You will have a chance to win a scholarship that will help you pay for your studies.
- You will get to learn more about open and distance learning (ODL).
- You will be able to share your ideas and experiences on ODL with others.
- You will get to know more about the NOUN Scholarship winners and their experiences.
Tips for Writing a Winning Essay on Open & Distance Learning (ODL)
Are you ready to get writing? Now that you’ve got a better understanding of ODL, here are some tips for writing an engaging and effective essay for the NOUN scholarship competition.
First, keep in mind that the essay should be between 1000 – 1200 words. This means that you should aim to make each word count while staying on topic. Try to organize your thoughts in a logical way and avoid repetitions.
Second, make sure to state your thesis clearly in the beginning and provide evidence throughout the essay to support it. Cite original sources from experts or academic journals whenever possible when illustrating your points, so that the reader can know that your argument is based on facts and research.
Third, pay attention to grammar and spelling—they can significantly impact your grade! Writing a winning essay takes time and effort; make sure to edit it several times before submitting it. And finally, don’t forget to include a conclusion which summarizes the ideas in your essay and leaves the reader with something to think about! Good luck!
NOUN Essay Competition Eligibility & Topic
- Undergraduate: Entries are hereby invited from final year students of undergraduate Programmes at all Faculties in the University on the topic, “My experience as a student of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) at the National Open University of Nigeria“.
- Postgraduate: Entries are hereby invited from final year students of postgraduate Programmes at all Faculties in the University on the topic, “My experience as a student of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) at the National Open University of Nigeria“.
NOUN Essay Competition Prizes
The categories of awards are as follows for undergraduate students and Postgraduate students, respectively:
|Overall Best Essay
|A certificate and cash prize of N50,000.00
|2nd Place Position
|A certificate and cash prize of N30,000.00
|3rd Place Position
|A certificate and cash prize of N20,000.00
|Best Essay in a Faculty
|A certificate and cash prize of N20,000.00
Prizes shall be announced and given at a convocation.
How to Enter NOUN Essay Competition
- Participation is limited to only final year students of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, respectively, in the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
- Essays must be within 1,500 – 2,000 words.
- Entries are to be submitted via e-mail to: email@example.com with the subject “2022 Vice-Chancellor’s Essay Competition“, for this year’s event.
- All Essays must be submitted on or before 12am on 31st January 2023.
- Winning entries shall be notified of their success by 28th February 2023.
How to Submit Your NOUN Essay Entry
Submitting your NOUN essay is easy. All you need to do is follow the instructions on the official NOUN website.
First, create an account on the website using your valid email address. Once you have an account, click ‘Submit an Entry’ and fill in the form with your essay details including title, word count and a brief description of your essay. After clicking ‘Save and Continue’, you will be directed to upload a PDF version of your essay file. Make sure to attach it as a PDF document and not in another file format; if it isn’t accepted, the system won’t let you submit the entry.
Last but not least, click ‘Submit Your Entry’ and your essay will be sent to NOUN for review. Good luck!
FAQs on the NOUN Scholarship
Are you interested in participating in the NOUN Scholarship Essay Competition? You may be wondering what to expect, so here are some frequently asked questions that will help you get started.
First, when is the submission deadline? The essay deadline for the 2023 competition is 31st January
Second, how long should my essay be and what format should I use? Your essay should be between 1,500 and 2,000 words and must use APA 7th edition as a formatting style guide.
Third, what do I need to submit with my essay? Along with your submission, you will also need to include a short biographical summary of yourself and a statement of purpose on why you are interested in winning the scholarship.
Fourth, is there an age restriction for applicants? Yes, applicants must be 18 years of age or older and provide proof of their birthdate if requested.
Fifth, who can submit essays? Submissions are open to current students at accredited universities as well as recent graduates from any university or technical institution.
We hope this helps clarify any questions you have about the NOUN Scholarship Essay Competition!
If you’re passionate about Open and Distance Learning, this is your chance to show off your skills! Just enter the NOUN Essay Competition and you could walk away with a scholarship. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!