Start your study adventure in Japan. Good news! Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Award, its benefits and step by the step application process.
The University of Tokyo is pleased to offer the Honjo International Foundation Scholarships to assist outstanding candidates in Japan for the academic session 2022-2023.
The main objective of this programme is to encourage Japanese and international students who want to enrol in master’s and doctoral degrees. Privately financed international students being enrolled in a graduate school in Japan or planning to enrol in September 2022 are eligible to apply.
Clarity of Information
Summary of Honjo International Scholarship
This is an amazing opportunity through which you can fund your education in Japan
The University of Tokyo is a public research university ranking number 1 in the nation. Tokyo aims to nurture global leaders with a strong sense of public responsibility and a pioneering spirit, possessing deep specialism and broad knowledge.
Why choose to study at the University of Tokyo? The University of Tokyo is a leading national university that expands the boundaries of human knowledge in partnership with society. And is considered to be the most selective and prestigious university in Japan. UTokyo provides its students exclusive experiences through different ways of learning, and it tries to impart the kind of practical knowledge that employers look for today.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers fully-funded scholarships for international students for sessions 2022-2023. This scholarship is offered for master’s and PhD. Honjo Scholarship provides a monthly allowance, accommodation charges and Travel expenses for attending an international conference.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation has been established to provide scholarships to bright students who are struggling to study under different conditions in developing nations as well as to those Japanese students studying abroad, to help them learn advanced technologies and improve their good intentions will serve as a bridge connecting Japan with the rest of the world in culture and mutual friendships.
Scholarship Summary Honjo International Scholarship
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
- Study in: Japan
- Opportunity Focus Areas: There is no restriction on the field of research.
- Program Period: From 1 to 5 years.
- Deadline: April 30, 2022 / October 31, 2022
Scholarship Coverage of Honjo International Scholarship
- ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years.
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years.
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years.
Travel expenses for attending an international conference, etc.
Eligibility Criteria Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships
To be eligible for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English and Japanese
- Eligible Countries: All world countries. The student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
- In principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, the student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD program must have been born after August 31, 1984. The student applying for the master’s program must have been born after August 31, 1989.
- The student should have a strong will to serve in his / her home country after graduation. This doesn’t mean having employment guaranteed already or returning to his / her home country immediately after graduating the university.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry on an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
- For more information, download the Guidelines from Here.
Please check: How To Apply For MEXT Scholarship 2022 (Fully Funded)
How to Apply for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Awards?
Please follow the following important steps to avail Foreign Students Scholarship:
(1) Enter “web application system”. Fill out the application form and upload the following required documents.
Academic transcript:i) from an undergraduate course of the university where you graduated AND ii) any other courses that you are currently taking or have taken in the past. If you transferred to the university, the transcript from the previous school is needed. All the applicants must provide at least i) the academic transcript from undergraduate course Photocopies are acceptable.
- A scholarship application form, a resume and a personal information form(1 set of 3 pages); make sure to attach your photo to the application form. Download the above forms provided on the website. Fill them in Japanese by typed or hand-written.
- Research plan: In Japanese, describe focusing on the following four points; i) an outline of your research; ii) projected schedule between now and graduation; iii) plans and goals for the future; iv) research you have conducted in the past (if any). 2~4 pages are preferable. Either typed or hand-written is available.
You must apply for Dalhousie University Scholarships (Fully Funded)
- One recommendation letter from an academic supervisor. (This confidential letter should mention the applicant’s academic achievements, character/personality, and his or potential for the future.) There is no limit on the number of pages or style. If your former academic supervisor knows about you well, you can ask him/ her for your recommendation letter.
- A certificate of enrollment or a letter of admission. In case the entrance examination has not been held yet, or successful candidates of the entrance examination will not have been announced before you apply for this scholarship, write down the scheduled date of examination or announcement of the result at the bottom of the application form. If you are already enrolling on a graduate school, please provide a certificate of current enrollment. (Photocopies are acceptable.)
- One recommendation letter from an academic supervisor. (This confidential letter should mention the applicant’s academic achievements, character/personality, and or her potential for the future.) There is no limit on the number of pages or style. If your former academic supervisor knows about you well, you can ask him/ her for your recommendation letter.
- For 1, 4 & 5: Please prepare those documents in Japanese OR English. If you have your documents in other languages, please attach either a Japanese OR English translation.
(2) Once the documents are submitted, the application number will be issued, and a PDF of your application form will be created. Please save the PDF file as you will need it when the result is announced on our website.
Website of Honjo International Scholarship
To know more about Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Foreign Scholarships, please visit the official website: